Any event takes a huge amount of time and effort to make the weekend a success like Australian Leatherman. We need volunteers such as yourself (and many others). interested in joining the Volunteer Team this year. A Great opportunity to see Australian Leather Events while working with people.
ALM Contest weekend will take place in Sydney 23-25 February 2018 as part of the 40th Sydney Mardi Gras Festival.
- Friday 23rd Feb 18: Meet & Greet Gear/Kink Party 21:00 02:00 (Beauchamp Hotel-Basement Bar)
- Saturday 24th Feb 18: Contest 1900 – 22:30 (Gingers Oxford Hotel)
- Saturday 24th Feb 18: Celebration Party: 23:30 – 03:00 (Gingers Oxford Hotel)
- Sunday 25th Feb 18: Leather Brunch & Photoshoot 11:00 – 14:30 (Sydney Opera House forecourt)
- Sunday 25th Feb 18: T-Dance 17:00 – 00:00 (Beauchamp Hotel-Terrace Bar)
Below is a description about each section from which you can choose shifts. We ask that you volunteer for a minimum of 3 hours and are most appreciative if you select more than the minimum or multiple events. Please indicate your area(s) of interest on the web form
Event Hosts and Door
- Checking ID’s for proper age,
- Ticket sales, or
- Distributing wristbands.
- Taking event tickets,
- Monitoring doors, and other locations within the venues.
- Crowd monitoring and Event security
- Monitoring Event rules,
- Monitoring doors, and other locations
A current Security License 1ACE and RSA Card is an advantage but not required.
General Staff Services
- You are responsible for guarding contestant areas so only proper credentialed individuals go beyond a certain point.
- Manning the Bootblack Reservation table.
- Monitoring and deploying the Silent Auction Items are each event
- being accountable for the security of donations,
- Welcoming Official Guests
- Issue of VIP Weekend Packages for Registered tickets holders
- Coordinating VIP special events eg meeting contestants, personal photo shoot etc and welcome them to Australian Leatherman